Posted 6 January 2024

Backpack Recommendations

I'm on a trip in a few months for 4 or 5 days and need a backpack for clothing, trainers, bits and bobs.

Looking for a 60l size. Anyone recommend one at a decent price that's waterproof too please? It's not a hiking trip but could do with a backpack as travelling.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Go to shop and check it out.
    For your reference, a cabin suitcase is about 35-40L
    Also, you need to plan what you need to takes, take it out from cabinet and guess what size is required.
    When you do the packing, it is handy to get some packing bags.
    I manage 2 days on a 20 litre pack, so 30-35 litres should be fine for 4-5 days. But I don't carry extra shoes, but do carry my laptop and related stuff. The key is to ensure you actually use everything and not carry excess stuff.

Go check out what's available in store. A lot of space is lost in having multiple small compartments which never get used. Also, get packing cubes as they really help improve space usage.
    Friction straps can help compress the clothing
    it's a mistake to carry too much stuff
    travel as light as possible and you'll enjoy it more
    roll your clothes up and they'll take less space too
    underarmour.co.uk/en-….ds

Possibly on the small size but I have this bag which is 29L and has a seperate compartment for shoes and it's brilliant.
    60lt or bigger imo.
    Daily carry is a 30lt.

My 30lt is rammed just with bits and bobs like sandwiches and stuff I take to work. Just big enough for a day out with rain protection and sandwiches etc.
    No good for carting kit for a few days (edited)
    Author
    I need 60l. Can anyone recommend one please?
    What did you get in the end? Intrigued as 60l did me 3 weeks in Thailand without washing anything!
    look at the Nike Utility Speed.
's avatar