Posted 12 June 2022

Benchmarx Kitchen Vs IKEA - which is better

How does Benchmarx quality compares to Ikea kitchens?

I'd like a good quality kitchen, I'm wondering which are better value apart from this. I've often heard of diy kitchens but I just can't figure out their website so it's out of the running!

Keen to hear which you have found good, thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The most important aspect of any kitchen is the selected fitter. I would really go with the product your prefer but then be VERY selective with the firm/person you choose to fit. Also bear in mind that there are many elements to a new kitchen - electrics, plumbing, flooring, appliances, work tops, lighting etc and the smooth co-ordination (project management) of these elements should be borne in mind.
    Also bear in mind Benchmarx is owned by Travis Perkins who also own Wickes so there is a significant amount of commonality between the products and you may get a good fitter who is used to Benchmarx who can get the same product from Wickes at a greater discount plus using a trade account to get further discounts. I have recently been involved in the fitting of a Benchmark kitchen (client choice) where we hit problems with BM due to their surveyor not measuring correctly (drawings incorrect) which lead to the subcontractor (quartz worktops) cutting work tops incorrectly - we then had problems with a drawer pack (BM only supplied in set of 3 whereas client wanted 4) however resolved this by buying the single drawer from Wickes. As I intimated earlier it is a minefield - just get a good fitter and don't always rely upon the supplier recommendation.
    IKEA get good reviews but, as #Parkrunner says, you may be better getting your fitter chosen first and then asking them what they consider to be the best value for money units.
    IKEA kitchens are horrific to fit, I don’t fit them anymore and the majority of my colleagues refuse to aswell. Benchmarx are ok, pretty much standard stuff, not brilliant but not bad.
    Interested to know what the issue is with them?

We'll be looking to do a new kitchen shortly and ikea seem to get good reviews as a sensible priced option.
    Is your kitchen newly built or you are renovating your kitchen. If it is newly built I would not recommend any of them. The local independent kitchen manufacturers are the best. They do the measure and plan and fitting . Plus they will also come ahead to mark for the points of electrical and plumbing . Moreover ,you can make most of the space you have . As they are less likely to use fillers . They instead can can make the custom made cabinets to use all the space .You can also negotiate the price. If you are redecorating the existing kitchen than ikea kitchen seems to be the cheapest. It is best to have them fitted with their own fitters . We have our new kitchen fitted last year . I did a lot of research and with my experience I can say that . Get the kitchen from someone who do the fittings as well because accidents happens . And while taking quotes from wickes ,ikea , magnets I have noticed they all have the standard size cabinets and I was losing space and not all the choice of my cabinets due to size restrictions. (edited)
's avatar