Posted 18 hours ago

Best knife set under £50

Hi all, any recommendations for a decent kitchen knife set for £50 or under?
Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have a look at the Procook X50 professional range:

procook.co.uk/sho…Set

Under £50 would get you this 3 piece set for example:

procook.co.uk/product/professional-x50-chef-knife-set-3-piece

My most used knife is a X50 Contour Santoku I bought from them a couple years ago, sharp blade and comfy handle:

procook.co.uk/product/professional-x50-contour-santoku-knife-13cm-5in

They do have sales and discount codes now and again so keep an eye out for that,

Hope that helps (edited)
    avoid a knife set u waste money on knives you do not need

and spend more on the knives you will actually use

also get a whetstone and keep the knives sharp

52457789-dz98Y.jpg

this Santoku plus a Chinese cleaver are the knives i use the most
    This. Go somewhere you can actually have a look at some knives and decide what will be of the most use to you and buy a couple. Then later on if you fancy adding to your collection, go for it.
    Cheap knives are a pain in the ar$e.

I recommend Wuesthof Ikon Classic.

And NEVER put them into a dishwasher!
    Its "Wusthof"

And I am not sure recommending one knife that costs double the price of the price of a set the OP is after is particularly helpful.

And other suggestions?
    Bought my own selection of Victorinox knives over 30 years ago and all still going strong . Keep a razor edge with very little sharpening needed and have only needed 2 light regrinds in all that time .
    You aren't going to get a decent knife set for under £50. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    2nd for Victorinox Fibrox handle range, keeps an edge for a very long time, stainless steel that is stainless no random rust spotting so dishwasher safe. Buy singles and add when you have a specific need, lots of sets have ronney random stuff you may never use. Try a chef's knife £28-36 and and a pairing knife for £8-10 that's the knives I used on the daily. (edited)
    Said this on another thread (said it a few times on HUKD):

Here's some good advice (maybe, for some!) from an older Zwilling Henckels knife block thread

( Basically saying all you need is a decent Chef, Bread and Paring Knife rather than a block. )
's avatar