Posted 24 November 2022

Best Office Chair around £500

Hey all. I’ve got a budget of up to £500 to buy an office chair. I’m struggling to know what to get.

I find they are either £750+ (Herman Miller, Humanscale) or unknown brands on Amazon.

Reviews for John Lewis own brand aren’t great. Are there any decent options in this price range?
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Had a great experience with Corporate Spec who do refurbished professional office chairs:

corporatespec.com/

They will have 20% off for Black Friday too (CSBLKFDY22) and so you can get e.g. a Herman Miller Mira 2 for £400 for example corporatespec.com/pro…at/
    Author
    Thanks. I’ll have a look but sounds very promising 
    Forget your HM chairs.

Get yourself a nearly new or refurbished RH Logic 400 and thank me later.

Ive had one for over 12 years now and have arthritic discs. If I do a site visit and have to sit on "normal" office chairs I'm a cripple by the end of the day.

Got the other half one when covid struck and she loves it and when we were in the office it was a fight for who got to use my chair when I wasn't there, so much so that a fee colleagues have also bought them for home working.

Most ambulance call centres use these too as they're just simply brilliant.

Examples:

Just make sure you get the "newer" model, with the all metal castor base and not the earlier model with the black and plastic base as these are really old now.

Can be had for £8-900 new if you shop around.
    Author
    Thanks. That does look very comfortable…
's avatar