Posted 1 January 2024

Best soft shell cabin luggage?

I've been searching for a new soft shell cabin bag mainly for Ryanair, but there are so many on the market and nearly all have negative reviews or wrong sizes, which made me unsure which one to buy ...

Can someone recommend any? Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've got a cabin zero 44L bag (51 x 37 x 20 cm) which I've been using for about a decade now. Still as good as new and has never been checked by any of the airlines I've flown on. As it's a backpack they tend to ignore it compared to wheeled cases and being soft shell it squashes down to meet their size limits. They also do a smaller 36L (45 x 31 x 20 cm) one. They cost around £45-50 but really good quality and will last you. I can usually do a week away somewhere with my 44L one.
    Well we purchased some IT cases for holiday to Turkey last year first holiday in 15 years.... They have the fancy wheels which are easy for mobility... Once arrived back in UK collecting luggage one of the wheels had been smashed 😥 a right pita to get it all sorted.

So I'd say get ones with built in wheels into the frame(base) (edited)
    This looks good to me although the Amazon merchant doesn't meet with HUKD'S ratings criteria
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…FF0
    I bought a similar Tripp one but this looks with extra external pocket. I had been eyeing the following for a long time since it was half price but unfortunately not now
    amazon.co.uk/Ama…FF0 (edited)
     Check out the Kipsta bag put up today(Decathlon) lots replying they it for Ryanair
's avatar