Posted 3 days ago

Best Supermarket Red or White Wines under a Tenner

Any recommendations guys?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    When you say supermarket, do you mean supermarket branded, or just readily available at supermarkets? If the latter, then try Barefoot Merlot or Malbec. (edited)
    Blue nun ?
    Is there an occasion it's for. If you don't drink then I am assuming something is going on that you need wine for.

Taste is very subjective but you can find some reasonable New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Pino Grigio that are around £9 or £10 that are better than those around £6 or £7. Most people aren't offended by those grapes.
    You’ll get a half decent New Zealand Marlborough region Sauvignon blanc under £10 like villa maria, cloudy bay or brancot or some of the Lidl ones are ok. Stick to that region and not chile or SA etc as they taste very different and not so good.
    box wine (I don’t drink) (edited)
    Brancott estate Sauvignon blanc can be had for £6 at Asda on the 25% off 6 deal. (edited)
    Under or around £10 is a supermarket is pretty easy for drinkable wine if you avoid some of the "branded" stuff. Under £7 is getting really hard now. Amazon 6 bottle deals have been quite good this year.
    If you like red, Tesco have Campaneo Garnacha 14%abv on their bottom shelf at an undiscounted £6.50. Times recommended.
    ALDI has recently had a very nice Animus Douro 13%abv at £6.75
    For white, if you like Pinot Grigio, but find the European versions a bit too dry, the Hardys VR Australian Pinot 11%abv has been as low as £6 recently. Amazon has had a few great 6 bottle white deals but they never last long.
    Author
    Thanks for that!
    Really is subjective to what you like tbh.
    I am a big Rioja fan.
    Lidl Rioja reserva Capa Lebral I believe it is called is great for the price.
    Aldi Baron Amarillo, not quite as nice but still good.
    Tesco Vina Del Cura Rioja reserva - made by Baron De Ley for them - they have put the price up so look for the offers.
    I buy a lot from Naked wines too - their Hacienda Don Hernan crianza for 11.99 is amazing
's avatar