Posted 22 January 2024

Biggest possible hard case wheeled luggage for Plane Travel

Looking for the biggest possible hard case luggage (good 8+/10 quality). I travel a lot, minimum 12 flights per year, living in 2 homes, 2 jobs in 2 countries, 2 wives (joke).
And I think better (more comfortable) to have 1 massive luggage + 1 free hand luggage (20x20x40).
I saw other passengers with massive luggage on airport (you could fit 45inch TV inside) and they ARE within all airline's max dimensions. but I never seen any of these online for sale. Checked IT, TRIPP, Amazon etc. I saw some old/worn ones on eBay but they all had defects(broken zip, wheel).

Any recommendations?
Biggest I could find was
itluggage.com/pro…ack

Not Urgent, many thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I just recently bought a few American tourister and itluggage hard cases and when i bought the large itluggage case i saw they also sold an extra large in their legion case which is 85x61x41.
    Thats pretty big for a case, not sure what size you're after maybe even bigger, what are the max dimensions?
    The other problem is i struggle to fill a large sized case 79x55x33 without going over weight so not sure how much extra per flight it will cost to fill a gigantic case, surely its cheaper to pay for 2 large as going over weight costs a fortune
    Itluggage have 10 years warranty and checking their reviews and replies to reviews seem to have excellent customer service.
    However if i was using a case 12x per year id only be buying samsonite as all the others are most likely going to break within a year or two and keep getting repairs or replacements will be a pain (edited)
    You need the biggest Samsonite you can get.
    Last time I flew the airline damaged the wheels of my case so it is now not waterproof, as it broke the casing.
    Be aware that if you get a larger bag that you may go over the weight limits and have to pay extra.
    Also that some places you will have to lift the case, the larger it is the more difficult this becomes.
    Which country/ airline are you travel to and from?
    most of the flight allowed 23kg check in if I remember correctly

If you want large suitcase, you could google 33" suitcase or 32" suitcase. (edited)
    Author
    Jet2, wizzair, Norwegian gives you the option to purchase even 32kg at time of booking. Wizzair is very reliable and always on time. Love the 32kg luggage option. With other airline I would need to pay 22kg +whatever they charge me at bag drop off, or purchase 2x22kg luggage's and this is pain when traveling with train to the airport.
    I mainly fly Jet2(my favourite, never failed), Ryanair, Wizzair, Norwegian.
    Cheap airlines recently improved a lot. My luggage never got lost.
's avatar