Posted 26 April 2024

Brand new keyboard has developed fault - should I just live with it?

Ugg - so I bought a brand new Logitech G413 keyboard instore from my local GAME (17th). It's closing down so I got it for a good price (£29.99). I only just unboxed it tonight and discovered that the "END" key doesn't light up. The keypress is recognised. My dilema is that I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement and just get a refund (debateable - I know I don't want store credit!). Should I just live with it? I did read the manual and you can activate different options where each key lights up in turn (scans through the whole keyboard, nice effect!), have all keys lit and the pressed one highlighted brighter. The END key remains off.
4334066-yABBR.jpgShould I just live with it? Currys sell the same one for £44.99
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Logitech generally have really good support and warranty so they'll most likely just replace it, although pesonally I'd live with it for now and contact logitech down the line.
    Exactly what I'd do
    This is a few years ago, though: I had a Logitech gaming keyboard (one of the earlier ones, with media keys and not mechanical - I have talked about it on HUKD but we can't search that far historically now) and they were brilliant.

Mine wasn't faulty but the key legends wore away after about six months (I think?) and they sent me a brand new Cherry MX red keyboard. Ended up selling it otherwise I'd be able to tell you how that worked out (I'd bought another by the time Logitech got back to me with a solution).

TL;DR: Logitech replaced a used keyboard with a new one and were great. My 'customer service' experiences with Creative have been abysmal, in comparison (nobody asked but that always comes to mind as I see them as competing companies). (edited)
    Contact Logitech. I had the exact same issue happen a few years back where a brand new keyboard had one key with a backlight that didn't work and they just sent me a new one with no fuss. They didn't even ask me to send the old one back....
    Author
    So I had a live chat with Logitech - omg, nearly 5 hours! Went from take it back to the retailer to wrong department so many times. I had to upload bank details, receipts and even a video showing the fault. Got to the RMA stage and was told none in stock. Eventually got offered a 20% discount code. I stated no, they came back with a replacement model - LOGITECH G413 SE MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD.
    So ok I guess, except they don't deliver to Northern Ireland. Can I provide a non-Northern Ireland address....
    Anyway I ended up giving them another address that they could post to, RMA processed and they will send out the replacement. I ask can I get the 20% discount as well as I have been waiting from 09:28 this morning to get resolved. I was given that code too and an email to explain that they may at any time request the fault keyboard back. Terrible service as nowhere on their site does it state they can deiver to Northern Ireland - I even got the agent to confirm that.
    If they ever ask for the old one back just say ' Sorry I can't post from Northern Ireland'.
    Apparently it is a common problem. So you are going to have to solder it, exchange it or get a refund.
    How did you pay for it?

Ask for a full refund or get it replaced (edited)
    Glad you got it sorted, but Bloody Mike Ashley/Fraser's group strikes again.

When you buy anything, your contract of sale is always with the retainer. Not the manufacturer. Game should've replaced or refunded it, if they couldn't replace it.

If you buy something on sale, the retailers can refuse to exchange or refund it. Except when it's faulty. Game should've replaced or refunded it, regardless if it was on sale or reduced as it's faulty.
's avatar