Posted 5 hours ago

Bt fibre signup

Hi there

Looking to transfer to BT for their fttp. I remember they use to buy out your old contract. Any ideas if this still happens please.

Only got a couple of months left with sky. I'm on slow broadband at the minute, however, fibre has arrived in my area.

Thank you

J
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    BT and EE are the same company now. But only the EE brand do contract buy outs. BT won’t.

ee.co.uk/hel…dit

You’ll get the same broadband connection, same router, and same customer service you’ll get with BT by going with the EE brand. Ultimately they’re killing off the BT name for all but business services so you’ll end up with them sooner or later anyways.

As an added bonus, if you go with the EE brand you can also add an unlimited data SIM to your contract starting from £10 a month on a rolling contract too.

As others have mentioned though, Sky also use the Openreach network and can sell full fibre connections. So you don’t have to move if you don’t want to. Or other brands exist that undercut both Sky and BT/EE prices - Conpanies like Onestream for example tend to be the cheapest for Openreach Fibre.
    Author
    Looks like EE are a pound more expensive than BT who also offer an Xbox annual membership for free. (edited)
    Just out of interest why switch? Sky can transfer to fttp as well, and prices were comparable recently especially if you're keeping a phone line.
    Author
    I'm in contract till September and they won't give me a reduced price to upgrade until then.
    You could just upgrade Sky to it or secondly, If you go with Vodafone full fibre 900 they will help buy out existing contract up to £100.

BT don't do this and they are a rip off for their broadband offerings. I have just ditched them with a £91 termination fee to go to Vodafone 900 at £36 a month. BT had just gone up to £57 a month.

The service will be the same as it uses OpenReach's network for the fibre.
    Author
    Looking at minimum bt fibre at £30 a month
's avatar