Posted 1 day ago

Buying snapdragon Samsung S22 from Aliexpress

Has anyone had any experience buying the snapdragon variants of Samsung galaxy devices from aliexpress and importing them to the UK? Anything to be vary of or why is this a bad idea. Looking at these devices on Aliexpress and comparing to the prices on eBay, they aren't all that different so could be a decent buy. Main concerns are useability on our local network providers and updates going forward.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    is it really a samsung? someone was trying to get a fake snapdragon 870 tablet for dirt cheap before. unless it's a proper branded store assume it's a knock off eg i would buy lenovo from lenovo store or chuwi from chuwi store but i wouldn't buy anything from specialdeals2024 store that just opened up (edited)
    Author
    I mean the seller seems to be reputable I think?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
    US $355.59 19%OFF | Samsung Galaxy S22 5G Dual Sim S9010 6.1" ROM 128/256GB RAM 8GB Snapdragon NFC Octa Core Original Android Cell Phone
    a.aliexpress.com/_EI…6Oz (edited)
    I bought a samsung phone off aliexpress years ago so it wasnt snapdragon and maybe its changed since then but the battery expanded and blew the back off. Luckily the phone was off when it happened 😬
    Author
    Oh goddamn, now that's savage. Makes these deals look a lot less appealing now. The unit says snapdragon and I'd be paying with PayPal so I should be protected to an extent
    Don't forget to take into account import duty / VAT . It also could be difficult to sort out any problems . (edited)
    Author
    I've messaged the seller and he's happy to declare the value as 20usd to pretty much negate import costs. So that's not too much of a worry.
    What's the price?

Just as a comparison you can get a s23 brand new for £500 from the Samsung website, and it's definitely possible to get it down lower.
    Author
    This is the exact add
    I was looking at: Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
    US $355.59 19%OFF | Samsung Galaxy S22 5G Dual Sim S9010 6.1" ROM 128/256GB RAM 8GB Snapdragon NFC Octa Core Original Android Cell Phone
    a.aliexpress.com/_EI…6Oz
's avatar