Posted 3 days ago

Can I double port using an old phone to transfer my number payg?

I want to do the double port to get a new deal with my current provider. I don’t want to be out of data and mins while doing this.
Can I insert new sim into my phone.
Payg in old phone to transfer number across.
Transfer number from payg to new sim in current phone.
Will this work? If anyone has done this can you explain in steps.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can put any SIM in any phone as long as it's unlocked and supports currently used network standards for the UK. That's totally fine and won't disrupt the porting process. If your phone is dual SIM you can even do it all within the same phone together.

Remember though that during the porting process there may be time where neither SIM works for a while, and following the port completion some people may be unable to reach you by call or text until the following day if routing hasn't yet been updated for them.

If you're trying to maximise your communications ability, I keep suggesting people get one of the 1P SIM Cards from THM that comes with mins texts and data preloaded, allowing someone to keep calling and texting out using their own phone number for the few days that their number is on the temporary SIM and avoiding the need to carry a spare phone with a different number to achieve the same.
    Talk home mobile 1p link
    talkhome.co.uk/sim…e21
    You could maybe even use it for most of the first month or until you've nearly used up the 4gb whichever comes first to prolong activating your new Lebara plan. (edited)
    Just ask your current provider to do this... No faff required !
    Author
    really!