Posted 8 December 2019

Can tesco giftcards be used for online groceries?

As title
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    deleted240256308/12/2019 21:31

I think you can I’m sure I used in the past.

Wrong. "The Tesco gift card can be spent in Tesco stores nationwide. Sorry, you cannot use your Tesco gift card to buy groceries, books or clothing online yet. You cannot spend your Tesco Gift Card in Tesco Petrol, Tesco tyres, Tesco cards, Tesco fireworks, Tesco party and Tesco carpets."
    tregs08/12/2019 21:37

Wrong. "The Tesco gift card can be spent in Tesco stores nationwide. …Wrong. "The Tesco gift card can be spent in Tesco stores nationwide. Sorry, you cannot use your Tesco gift card to buy groceries, books or clothing online yet. You cannot spend your Tesco Gift Card in Tesco Petrol, Tesco tyres, Tesco cards, Tesco fireworks, Tesco party and Tesco carpets."

They really don't want you to be able to spend them do they?
    No.

"Delivered to your inbox instantly and can also be found in the My Account section.
    Instore only. Excludes online grocery purchases and petrol. See T&Cs."
    tregs08/12/2019 21:37

Wrong. "The Tesco gift card can be spent in Tesco stores nationwide. …Wrong. "The Tesco gift card can be spent in Tesco stores nationwide. Sorry, you cannot use your Tesco gift card to buy groceries, books or clothing online yet. You cannot spend your Tesco Gift Card in Tesco Petrol, Tesco tyres, Tesco cards, Tesco fireworks, Tesco party and Tesco carpets."

They do work when you try and use them for petrol but it depends on the jobsworth cashier at the time.
    Author
    Hmm seems not?
    I think you can I’m sure I used in the past.
    I cashed out my tcb onto one once utter nightmare spending it in-store never mind online
    Same problem with Sainsburys, I think. They are not really set up as payment cards to work online. Yet John Lewis has managed it.
    Can u buy food in the actual Tesco shop with an e gift card cause that’s what mine was given for
    Author
    deleted250410224/06/2020 09:36

Can u buy food in the actual Tesco shop with an e gift card cause that’s wh …Can u buy food in the actual Tesco shop with an e gift card cause that’s what mine was given for

I think you can buy anything in-store with gift cards.
's avatar