Posted 23 December 2023

Canada Dry Ginger Ale Reformulated?

We normally only buy Canada Dry Ginger Ale at Christmas. It tastes nothing how I remember. It's very weak and has no ginger taste anymore. I'm wondering if it has been reformulated?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bet it’s got aspartame or similar in instead of sugar, normally the case with a lot of them
    Bought some a few months ago and compared it to some I imported from Canada and couldn’t tell the difference.
    It got totally ruined when the sugar tax came in, they changed the formula, stuck sweeteners in and it now contains no ginger at all. I used to drink bucketloads of the stuff.

I get American cans of it now, from the web or some branches of Londis, not cheap but much better than the rubbish they sell in the UK.

If you have any Eastern European stores near you it might be worth a look in them, as I think (not 100% sure) that they still use the original recipe in Poland, Hungary and the like. Please let me know if you find any! (edited)
    Pretty much all 'chemical x' now with flavourings and artificial sweeteners, nothing ginger about it.
's avatar