Posted 12 December 2023

Chrome browser

A new problem has developed on my chrome browser where I don't see text or pictures when I look at a web page. I may see a blank page or only a few of the pictures. I have to refresh the page a few times to see any text.

I thought it was my internet being slow to upload things from websites but when I use MS Edge, the problem is not there, so it is the chrome browser.

Anyone getting the same problem on chrome and can advise of a solution?
Community Updates
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Uninstall the Chrome browser and reinstall it.
    Author
    I can do this on my laptop but not on my phone.
    Use Google files to clean up junk. Then go into chrome settings, security and privacy and clear your cached files. Restart phone.
    You missed the bit....and then stop using Chrome and get a better browser.
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser. That should fix most things. Since it's all synced to your Google account, logging back in will bring back all your preferences and bookmarks so minimal hassle to set up again.

If it keeps happening, then look at what browser extensions you've got installed. One of them could be interfering. Some adblockers can cause odd behaviour with your DNS if an update goes wonky and stop things loading properly. And I recently had one of my extensions (Ruffle Flash Player) keep opening unwanted popups once or twice a day too. Removing/Swapping them fixed issues I had in the past.
    I had a recent, unrelated, issue with Chrome where it would randomly locate me in Korea, all other apps correctly located. In the end, un-install reinstall solved it. As suggested above.
    Could be the ad blocker in overdrive.
    Author
    I don't have an ad blocker
    Did you get it sorted?
    Author
    the problem is sporadic and it happens on my phone as well as my laptop. so will see if it happens again, but deleting data from the phone app has helped i think.
's avatar