Posted 13 January 2024

Chromebook confusion!

Can anyone offer advice on buying a budget friendly (read as cheap as possible)?

I've been following posted threads on here but it can be a mine field if you're not very technically minded as there are so many to choose from.

Needed for internet browsing, essay writing, sheets etc but not gaming, with a long battery life. Would like new rather than refurbished & numeric keypad preferable but not essential. Plus Automatic Updates for as long as possible.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This is a handy reference point as well. It lists all Chromebook models by manufacturer then model and states their end of support date. That said, mine is due for end of support in June this year but I've read that I can opt in for extended support and it will take it to 2027

support.google.com/chr…=en
    Author
    Excellent, thank you!
    What you want is not complicated - Any chromebook is capable of the tasks you refer to - so essentials are battery and long update life.

Keep an alert on here and ask within the threads - those in the know will soon let you know what's what. You should ignore a lot of the chat that goes on if it does not refer to battery life or updates. Wait for the right priced deal if your not in need for one right now
    Author
    Great, thanks!
    15.6 inch display size Chromebooks and above will have a number pad.
's avatar