Posted 3 days ago

Coffee machine

Hi
Looking at getting a coffee machine - do people recommend any and do supermarket pods work with any to reduce costs?
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Don't buy coffee pods if you want decent coffee
    There's the environmental factor if you choose the wasteful, and expensive, pods. You cannot adjust your strength with pods.
    And you won't get 4kg of pods for less than £20 off Amazon
    Which?
    DeLonghi Bean to Cup manufacturer refurbs are sold by DeLonghi on eBay . Really good value , come with a 12 month warranty and they usually participate in the 10%,15%,20% ,etc. eBay promotions too. Current eBay promotion is 25% off until 22/04 , never a better time to buy one. Their customer service is good too. My machine leaked coffee into grounds compartment , reported Thursday , picked up Friday , back repaired and serviced Tuesday.

ebay.co.uk/e/c…ces (edited)
    Dolce gusto supermarket brand pods work okay with the machines
    I picked up a Delonghi Dinamica bean to cup with auto milk for £480 and couldn't be happier. I did consider something like the Sage bamino, and although I probably could get better coffee out of something where you have to manually pull your shots and froth milk, I knew I'd end up not using it as much once the novelty worn off delonghi.com/en/…5.T
    Buy a proper machine not a Tassimo or Dolce. Get one you can use grounds and beans.
    I've got the Delonghi Dinamica, really good machine, it offers you the choice of both grounds or beans, personally I go down the beans route.
    Have you a budget?
    Just say no
    do it for Yorkshire

Delonghi all the way and beans are far cheaper and make such a better brew. I’m on a delonghi primma Donna elite. Yes costly, it’s my 3rd machine in the delonghi line but well over 10 years old and solid. Wouldn’t change from this brand
    Look on free cycle, or similar. Someone offered a machine locally, stating that they thought they had broken it. It was for free, and in pieces. It was black, and I noticed a nice new shiny silver one in their kitchen, that matched with the other goods. So the wife had obviously crippled it somehow to get what she wanted.
    I took it home, figured out it was free so I've lost nothing, rammed the extraction mechanism home with no tender care, put it through a cycle, and 3 mins later it had figured itself out.
    A £360 coffee machine that has lasted me at least 6 years so far (edited)
    I have a Mellitta that was on offer here a while ago and very happy with it
    Another vote for a bean to cup machine. I have a delonghi and it's great
    For fresh coffee A £30 Aeropress will make a better cup of coffee than any of the expensive machines .

If you want a pod machine look on the L'orespresso website, they usually have a deal for a machine for £50-£80 bundled with 150-200 pods.

The Lor machines are Nespresso compatible and bith Lidl \ Aldi sell their own brand Nespresso pods for around £2 for 20 (edited)
    Have a dolce gusto. Can do just Hot water aswell for a quick cup a tea or honey n lemon. Only use cafe au lait intense pods and do my own frothy milk to turn it into a cappuccino. Recently bought compatible pods and got some ground coffee. Need to master as water leaks around machine. Need more investigation into why this happens. Am very satisfied with this machine and its so simple to use.
's avatar