Posted 30 December 2023

DJI Care Refresh, is it a must have???

Hi all, now I have got my Mini 3 Pro from the deal the other day.
I got an email yesterday about the DJI Care Refresh, it says I have to activate it within 72 hours.
I have not even had the drone outside yet due to the winds and rain, so its nearly 48 hours now.
The price for it for a year is £75 for one year or £119 for 2 years, I have to do some sort of flying test and show all info and gimble working first I think from looking at the video.
From reading some info I still need to pay over £200 for new drone if it does fly away is that right???
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Care refresh is almost a necessity. I never thought I'd use it until I caught a stray branch. You have to sign up to care refresh within 48 hours of binding the drone to your account. I didn't turn my drone on for 2 weeks because of the weather when I purchased mine. No need to do the flight test unless you're signing up to care refresh outside of the time window.

What you describe lastly is defined as a"flyaway" and is used when you can't retrieve your drone. If this happens and you want to use care refresh DJI will request flight logs as if it's a drone fault it will be replaced free of charge. If user error then yes an excess fee will apply. Similarly if you damage the drone then a excess fee of around £70 applies. You send it off and very often you get a full replacement instead of your original drone back. The DJI service is amongst some of the best you will ever see. I suggest signing up to the "DJI mini 3 UK owners" group on Facebook. A lot of helpful info on there if you can avoid the usual f**kwits.

Overall though I would say the service is essential as you're sending up a valuable piece of equipment into the sky and a lot of accidents happen.
    I enjoy watching YouTube videos of drones getting destroyed. That last few seconds of footage before the inevitable happens....
    Not essential just be careful and stick to the drone code. Don’t fly beyond line of sight which isnt that far for the mini and you should be ok. 
    You know the mini has a 10km range don't you. I lose sight of mine at around 50 meters nevermind 10km
    Author
    I cannot currently go outside to let it lock onto the GPS as its been raining the last few days.
's avatar