Posted 11 September 2020

Do any of you guys still use the totum card at the Co-Op

Hi I've been using my card at the CO-OP for quite a while now to get the 10% but about a month ago it just stopped working with no message why.
I ordered a new card but it's still the same, just wondering if it's still working for anyone else.
Didn't really want to message totum with bring a Hukd student 😁.
cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    bobdylan11/09/2020 09:06

Wait what? You can use it at the self-scanner? I've been missing out all …Wait what? You can use it at the self-scanner? I've been missing out all this time...

Hahaha yeah you can, just scan the strip down the side.
    bobdylan11/09/2020 09:58

Not so, I always give them my COOP card first to get max value :-)

Coop card gives 5% off coop branded goods, nus is 10% off everything. For arguments sake lets say shop costs £100 and its all coop branded goods

Coop card first(5%), then NUS (10%)
    100 - 5% = £95. £95-10% = £85.5 paid at till

Nus card first
    £100 - 10% = £90 - 5% =£85.5

As you can see, no difference
    stefromuk11/09/2020 08:35

Thanks for that.Maybe it's their scanner on the tills as I always go to …Thanks for that.Maybe it's their scanner on the tills as I always go to self scanner with the queues in a morning.I'll ask them to type it in see if that gets it going.Cheers

Wait what? You can use it at the self-scanner? I've been missing out all this time...
    Mine worked OK a couple of days back.
    Mines fine, used it last night. Sometimes they have trouble at one till but usually end up manually typing the number. Also think it needs to be scanned before the coop card or it doesn't work
    The magnetic stripe seems to die quite easily on NUS cards. Have you tried typing it in?
    stefromuk11/09/2020 12:48

Can you type it in the self checkout ? Not noticed that, cheers I'll have …Can you type it in the self checkout ? Not noticed that, cheers I'll have a look

Scan your membership card then go to membership card on the screen then swipe totem card down side of monitor and voila. It also allows you to key in the number.

If you are using digital offers on the coop card, avoid self scan as it messes up!! Staff have to scan coop card first then use a barcode for staff discount as the totum card won't give you a discount because of the digital offers. Convoluted way to get digital offers and student discount!! Hardly ever goes smoothly for me at my store.
    I used mine couple days ago without any issues at all.
    Yeah been using mine fine. A while back the card wouldn't scan and the staff had to type it in. Sometimes the staff were lazy and said they can't do that... but they can. Oddly its working fine now. Perhaps the card was just dirty in my case.
    Author
    Thanks for that.
    Maybe it's their scanner on the tills as I always go to self scanner with the queues in a morning.
    I'll ask them to type it in see if that gets it going.
    Cheers
    MrKrabs11/09/2020 09:19

Mines fine, used it last night. Sometimes they have trouble at one till …Mines fine, used it last night. Sometimes they have trouble at one till but usually end up manually typing the number. Also think it needs to be scanned before the coop card or it doesn't work

Not so, I always give them my COOP card first to get max value :-)
    Author
    jon81uk11/09/2020 10:14

The magnetic stripe seems to die quite easily on NUS cards. Have you tried …The magnetic stripe seems to die quite easily on NUS cards. Have you tried typing it in?

Can you type it in the self checkout ? Not noticed that, cheers I'll have a look
    Sc4mp011/09/2020 09:14

Hahaha yeah you can, just scan the strip down the side.

Omg I’m getting one now my social anxiety asking for a discount
    Can you just enter the number at the membership part of the self checkout - i rarely have physical wallet these days
's avatar