Posted 2 days ago

EE + Plusnet Mobile + o2 contract befuddlement!

Sadly I'm one of those with my head in the sand regarding all of my bills Really have to get on top so would kindly like to ask some advice...for my mobile contracts for now at least.

Situation:
-----------

My own mobile contract: Out of contract with EE - Pay monthly sim only - 10Gb for about £18pm!! - I know..I know... hand in my HUKD badge in now. Been with them for probably 20 years.

My mums mobile contract - Plusnet Mobile - I took out a contract for my mum with plusnet a while ago as she needs help with that kind of thing. Plusnet mobile coming to close in June/July approx, but offering good(?) deals to move to EE. It's a rolling pay monthly which if i decide to migrate to EE should also remain a rolling monthly contract I believe.

o2 - Virgin media - I needed virgin media for internet in my area as openreach type suppliers were too slow. Anyway as part of the virgin media package i had to(?) take out an o2 sim...which I 've not even used! 10gb. This ends in feb 2025... I think.

So I would like to consolidate both my mums and my contract to one provider at least, "preferably" with EE as happy with reception, but not neccesarily prices. But open to suggestions.

Not sure what to do about the o2 sim and if i could use that temporaily until feb 2025 somehow as an interim?

P.s. I know I could find this out myself but been so long now, but RE PAC codes, keeping numbers etc. when moving to new operators, it's much easier now? I.e. you don't have to ask for PAC code? What is the process etc.?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just test PAC to 65075 to request your codes. On EE You'll get a call shortly after offering you some retention deals. But if you don't get anything you like, consider EE Partner brands for the same signal but better prices. 1P Mobile and CMLink are two that have good EE based prices.

CMLink can do you 20GB for £9 a month with a 30 day contract, no annual price increases, and free roaming in the EU and a few countries beyond too. You get the same EE Signal and all the same features like VoLTE, WiFi calling and 5G.

Get your number away from Plusnet ASAP whether that's on the EE deals that were offered for stupidly cheap for the few remaining customers, or somewhere else. Plusnet Mobile is about to close so you want to be gone sooner rather than later.

O2 is the UK's worst network and is unusable in many areas due to congestion. I wouldn't bother with it honestly. For future reference, if you get forced one of these from Virgin Media again next time, you can cancel in your cooling off period to remove the SIM and keep the broadband. You don't have to keep it.
    I'm a 1p user... Can't really grumble, other than shortcodes don't seem to work.

I swear they used to.

14gb allowed roaming in EU btw (edited)
    I just helped an elderly friend of mine move from Plusnet to EE. I was pleasantly surprised with the offers for low useage users....

I think it was unlimited mins and texts and 5gb data (£4) / 10gb data (£8) a month on rolling 30 day contract....cant remember what was after that as he didnt need it. Said it was rising by £1.50 a month each March going forward.

i think his email said he had 40 days from a date in June to jump across to EE or move elsewhere....