Posted 17 February 2024

Firestick apps

Hi all.
Hoping someone could advise on a firestick app for UK tv in Spain. I currently use Iplayer/ITV apps etc with a vpn.

Is there an app which would let me scroll through the live freeview tv channels without the need to go in and out of apps?

With thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd suggest an HDhomerun and then either a Plex server or something to use to watch:

52219602-qKZTb.jpgI can get UK TV anywhere in the world on any device running plex.
    Author
    Thanks. ill look into
    Get IPTV won't need a VPN just an internet connection
    Nothing official that I can think of. The closest you'd get to that is moving away from the Fire stick and getting a device that supports Freely (Freeview over the internet) when it launches and using a network level VPN to stream.

Rather than the hassle though. Have you considered getting a satellite dish? Spain is still within range of the satellite that the UK uses for Sky and Freesat. You'd get all the channels in high quality, with a TV guide if your TV/Set top box supports it, and no need for internet or a VPN to use it.
    Why don't you just add the codes on downloader on the firestick for all the free channels?
    Author
    I have. But its more wanting to flick through standard live tv shows in england.
's avatar