Posted 16 hours ago

First gaming pc for 10yo

Hi I’m looking at getting my 10yo son a gaming pc. I have put together the following from scan and would like to know if it’s good enough to run games like Fortnite and FIFA? Can it be easily upgraded with better tech should it be needed for future games? And is the price (£836) fair for what I’m getting? Also I have omitted an os as I know I can pick up a key fairly cheaply. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4323298_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yes this would be well enough to run the games listed + some more demanding ones. I would personally go via this hotukdeals.com/dea…213 and configure to your liking
    That is a much more appropriate deal tbh. You can upgrade trh gpu to 4060 but no need for a 10 year old, just upgrade it down the line if needed.
    The scan one isn't a great price. I wouldn't even consider it.
    Wow - seems a tad on the expensive side - what resolution would you be gaming at? If you are gaming at 1080p then you could make do with a second hand GPU around the £100 mark, a 10th gen CPU and a £200 PC would do well enough.
    Also don;t bother buying a cheap pirated key - Windows 11 is available for free download direct from Microsoft and can be activated via a phone call...
    hi that is a good pc for gaming but i think a bad price - I wouldn't buy
    follow
    her had a next gen one for same price!!
    and i'm sure can get one this gen for a couple of hundred cheaper
    the one deals den recommended is much better deal

i'd get extra storage. it's easy to add your own but fifa and fortnite are quite big games so best to get at least 1tb (edited)
    One of the key reasons I do 5600G systems. it challenges all of them with Ryzen 5 5500 builds.
    - It is the same CPU level performance cpu.

Qs is; do u want that performance that ur seeking at a better cost, or do u want to burn £800mark into something better?

What you got right there is this:

AMD Ryzen Value, topped up with the 700W Bronze & 1TB on the promo, then selecting the 4060 at £300
    = 645

What we can do from £645 -> £845 is open gate, we can higher GPU, for a ultra budget 1440.
    We can move into main stream am4 via B550 and go half way with GPU over the 4060
    or we can move into DDR5 Ryzen area. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for your reply. I am looking at the best cost for them specs really. I think I will go with your value link with the upgrades. Would there be any advantage to adding B550? Also say in 2/3 years could this build be upgraded or would it be a case of buying a new build with higher specs?
's avatar