Posted 9 November 2023

Football shirt pricing

I think most people know football shirts are over priced particularly the current season but I’m wondering what is a ‘good’ price for this seasons shirt?

kitbag have them at c£55 at the moment - is this a good price or are they likely cheaper at Black Friday for example? Buying my mum one for Xmas so I have a bit of time. Obviously last season’s is cheaper but I want to get her the newest one.

thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Kitbag isn’t a bad shout and they do plenty of “flash sales” as well. Another place would be Twitter where there’s plenty of trustworthy accounts if you go looking that sell this season’s tops for under RRP while still remaining legimate.

Shirts haven’t massively moved in price realistically in 10+ years but I also agree that some of the styles like the player spec shirts are well overpriced and the volume of kits these days makes it an expensive hobby.
    dh gate or soccer o3
    Yeah, I think they usually drop to around the £50 by Christmas or Boxing day sales. Kitbag, Fanatics are good places to buy and sometimes direct from the kit supplier. I purchased my son a West Ham top from sports direct with Bowen 20 on the back about 2 months ago, and it cost me £90! When it arrived, it had a tiny bit of the zero missing, so I got on to customer services as it was a birthday present, and they were brilliant and sent an exact replacement for free. Managed to sell the damaged one with tags still in for £50. (edited)
    Author
    I love stuff like that. Nice one
    I remember the days when I used to scrape together £30 for a shirt..

I seen the other day, from official club shop, they’re £95

I know always buy, a season later
    Author
    The one I’m looking at the 22/23 is £48 and the 23/24 is £55. Mad that it isn’t dropping!
    £30 - those were the days! The player versions are an outrageous price - £110-120.  I was lucky enough to get one and I wear it for running - does wick well but so does my £20 top from decathlon
    Does a copy not appeal. They make really decent copies now for a third of the price :/
    Author
    It’s the sizing that’s the issue with the copies. I’ve got her a large women’s previously and it was so small. Wouldn’t pass for size 8 tbh. So hoping if I buy direct the sizing will be true-r
    Always buy my boys their kits from China - can't tell the difference (edited)
    Any recommendations, thanks
's avatar