Posted 16 hours ago

Going abroad, gonna use foreign sim - should i switch to Esim or stick with physical?

S23 Ultra. First time i used a phone with E-Sim capability. The foreign sim is gonna be physical, cant be bothered to set up esim for a week off.

Is it better for me to get my UK sim to Esim or just keep the physical one and just use the 2nd slot for the foreign sim?

Thx.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It depends on what type of foreign SIM you plan to use since only one eSIM can be active at any time.
    Author
    foreign sim will be physical, its whether i should bother changing my UK sim to Esim or not...
    I recently used an eSIM from Airalo, would recommend highly & easy enough to do.
    Same for USA, was great
    It depends on where you are going.
    For some country I would say leave your expensive S23U home. (edited)
    Author
    where?
    Best option/deal may depend on the unstated country/countries to be visited.
    ESims are a lot cheaper and would save you time in that you would not have to stand in a queue to buy a SIM at the airport and if you are traveling to multiple countries in one tour then you may only need the one eSim. The only time I would consider having a physical SIM would be if you need to make calls to numbers that are not on WhatsApp or you intend to travel for very long periods in one country.
's avatar