Posted 18 January 2024

Govee light bars

So I've tried to get my hands on some Philips Hue Play bars but the pricing is ridiculous and their CS wouldn't price match anything. So I've started looking at Govee's products.

I've been looking at these on Amazon;

4282876_1.jpg
Now I've read that the LED strips are better but frankly I don't fancy moving out my 55" OLED TV and affixing strips to it. I'll stick some of these on the back maybe but I was thinking of just placing them on the TV table behind it.

Has anyone used these? How are they? What are the alternatives if there are any?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Also interested in light bars ...is it the one with the camera that sits on top of the tv that reproduces the ambi effect or is that old tech now ?

Been using some old light strip just placed behind the tv that worked pretty well but I somehow managed to destroy it during a dusting session
    Author
    I think you can get them sans camera but I'm not bothered with them being synced with the image - i just want mood lighting.

But yes, you can get their led strip with a camera. They seem a bit pricier tho. (edited)
    There was a recent deal for these on HUKD, consensus in the comments are that they are generally
    rubbish.

If you want Hue lighting bes toption is to live with the 'ok but not the best' picture quality of a Philips TV and buy an Ambilight Tv :-)