Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 3 March 2024

Halfords Electric bike

I’m looking to buy an Electric bike from Halfords through the C2W scheme. I will mainly use it for my commute to work with is 5 miles each way. Down hill on the way down, really uphill on the way back. I’ve got a voucher for £2000, and will probably sell it as soon as I’ve paid it off (12 months). So looking for something that has a good resale value. Any suggestions are much appreciated

Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Are you sure it'll be yours to sell? When I looked into doing this the other year, it's effectively a leasing scheme, where the hope/expectation is that at the end of the period (typically 3yrs or more), it's value will be so low you can then purchase it for next to nowt. An electric bike costing anywhere close to £2K is still going to be worth a bit in just 12 months, and it's up the scheme administrators if they will even offer to sell it you, and how much for if so.

Basically there were too many unknowns, and enough people with bad experiences for my liking, so I bought a motorbike instead. The scheme is similar to PCP on a car, though without excess mileage charges, etc.
    finally somebody with sense. Selling your C2W bike on 99% of scheme is breaking the contract.
    Surely you'd do research on the bike you want before getting a voucher for £2000?
    Yep once you have the voucher that’s how much you pay back regardless of much the bike is. You can buy accessories of course like helmets, lights etc to make it up to £2k 
    FWIW I have had a Carrera Crossfire E for 3 yrs and am very happy with it. Bit under your budget.
    Halfords isn't a bike shop,. Try elsewhere.
    Is this the only vendor available? YOu need to do more research as to ow this all works, before you even start looking for a bike
's avatar