Posted 5 hours ago

HDMI 2.1 8K Switches

Just a quick one. I have a Denon AVS-3 which is great & does the job well but I was wondering what switches everyone else was using & would recommend & just as importantly ones that should be avoided?

I have looked on most of the IT websites & nearly all of them delve in deep on the 60Hz 4K switches but I want a 60Hz 8K one like the Denon for a bit of future proofing.

There are reasons I want 2 switches, which is basically feedbacks to PC for recording. I was thinking about trying out another switch, preferably with 4 connections in, the Denon only has 3, plus I was a little worried about having 2 of the Denons due to remote switching interference (if that is a thing with 2 of the same models).

Anyway, is anyone using an 8K Hdmi Switch they would recommend that they are actually using personally?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I use this. It’s technically a matrix, not just a switch (4 inputs, 2 outputs).
    I can’t vouch for its 8K 60Hz capability but I know it does 4K 120Hz beautifully so the bandwidth for 8K60 is there.
    £149.99 after applying £20 voucher.

amzn.eu/d/cSd2oPx (edited)
    Author
    I am going to sound like a numpty here. What is a matrix in terms of this?