Posted 5 days ago

Kids smart watch with built in GPS

Hello,
Can someone suggest a good smart watch for 10 year old? My son is adamant that he wants to start going to school on his own now and I'd like some peace of mind if I could see his active location.
I don't want the watch to include any fitness stuff but built in GPS is a must.. and of course this watch should be reasonably priced.
Any recommendations please. Thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you’ve got an iPhone, get an AirTag. An individual one costs £29.
    Author
    His watch is now too kiddish (his words!) so needs replacing anyway. That's why I was thinking.
    Ah, at least you got the watch for "free" which counted or offset against subscription.
    I bought this very cheap fun item which is still available through eBay or AliExpress which OP or anyone else might be interested in : techradar.com/new…-it
    Does he have a phone he'll have on him at the same time too? Otherwise you're gonna need a watch with an esim and you'll need a contract/payg with that. That won't be cheap.
    Author
    The school is few minutes away so I thought of just watch first than a phone as phone could be more distracting.
    My son has one of these. xplora.co.uk/col…hes

It has a school mode so blocks notifications, can receive texts and calls, cand send voice notes, live GPS tracking etc.

What we found was it was fine to a point but when he wanted to start calling friends after school the watch became useless as it couldn't have WhatsApp. We were taking the SIM out daily and end the end just have him a phone.
    Useful information about Xplora but doesn't one have to subscribe to Xplora Connect monthly plan which can be expensive. Please correct me if I am wrong. (edited)
's avatar