Posted 23 hours ago

Lebara Roaming issue

Hi, my partner had been using Lebara as main mobile network for sometime and after the recent irresistible deals, I jumped onto the bandwagon too. But with Lebara, I have noticed one issue and that is connecting to local network while roaming. Recently we’ve been to Spain and (I was using another service provider at that time) while I got connected to the local network immediately, partner’s Lebara sim struggled to connect. After a lot of effort, somehow it got connected. In the past, the same thing happened when we were in France. I’m not sure if it’s because of the APN or something else. Searched in the internet but couldn’t find an answer.

We’re again planning an Euro trip in this month and this time we both being on Lebara, am worried that we would face trouble in getting connected. Does anyone know what should we do so that we can get connected as soon as we land and switch on our phones? I always keep my network setting as: Data roaming on and Select Network Operator Automatically.

TIA.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Make sure your phone is using the Lebara APN settings and not the Vodafone ones that they often automatically put in. In the UK, your data will get redirected from the wrong APN to the correct Lebara one. When you're roaming though, this redirection doesn't happen and you get no data.

Additionally, it would be advisable to not have both of you on the same network just in case. If one of you is on Lebara maybe the other could get one of the cheap SIMs from TalkHome for example? Since they also have very cheap introductory prices but use an entirely different network and server, doubling the chances of at least one of you successfully connecting while out there.
    I had some niggles the first time I used a lebara sim in my mifi when in France. In short, i manually added their specific APN settings as below

If your internet is not working then set your mobile data settings as:
    APN name: uk.lebara.mobi
    Username: WAP
    Password: WAP
    To see how to do it on your specific handset model, visit devicehelp.lebara.co.uk/ (edited)
    Spend £1 get a spare SIM as back up?
    spusu.co.uk/plans
    Try this, 5gb, £1 for 3 months then £4.50 (roaming is 3gb)
    Available as an esim so would be good as a backup.
    spusu.co.uk/spu…f4c (edited)
    Author
    Thank you everyone for your helpful tips. Yes, I am now thinking of carrying a spare SIM. I have an O2 PAYG connection, which I am thinking of taking with me as a back up.
    Good option you get up to 25gb EU roaming with O2 so that would be ideal if you already have an active SIM.
's avatar