Posted 14 May 2023

Lidl Formil washing powder Lavender & Camomile

Hi folks I'm looking to try a different washing powder that's good value I usually use Bold bio in a purple box,I see Lidl have one called Formil that even looks a bit like the Bold one,could anyone that has used it tell me if the Formil powder is a good product please?
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I usually use Ariel and Fairy, depending on what I'm washing and who I'm washing for, but to save money I thought I'd try a box of their biological colour wash powder. I know this will be an unpopular statement but I wasn't impressed with it. Not only did it not remove blood stains (OH has bad psoriasis that bleeds in patches), it also didn't smell nice and left a bad smell on the clothes.

I'm trying to finish the box by using a little less Ariel every other wash and topping up with this, as I couldn't use it on its own.
    Author
    Thanks
    We’ve started using it and no difference at all
    Author
    Great I'm going to pop there later and get some
    We always used to use it and didn't notice any difference at all from mainstream branded versions, we now use the formil liquid detergent and still just as good as any other, I don't see the point of paying more money just for a brand name that does the same job.
    Author
    Thanks
    I think when Lidl "copy" the packaging of brand they do so knowing that it is very similar to the brand they are copying.

That is how they get people to switch & then stay loyal to Lidls products.

So, it won't be far off at all. (edited)
    Author
    Thank you
    I used the Lidl and Aldi versions, both were rubbish, clogged up in the drawer and didn't smell that nice.

I'm sticking with Persil bio powder or Bold (blue one)
    Absolutely brilliant been using it years 10/10, Ariel,persil, etc..

Rip off (edited)
's avatar