Posted 22 November 2023

Need cheap backup Android tablet / phone for banking apps

.. also Kindle/Youtube, but those don't have special requirements.

I think banking apps require non-rooted, non Kindle Fire, device with all security updates to be installed ? Although they work on my old phone which is, I am sure, is not supported by Google any more ..

What should I be tracking on HUD - cheap as chips, does not have to have good camera/screen/battery but ideally latest Android ?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Budget?

May be it is time to replace your phone. (edited)
    Author
    Like under £50 ... seen some Lenovos 3/32Gb close to that, but assume there are other cheap devices that appear from time to time. Assume some of those are old, just wasn't looking at this range before, don't know what is tat what is OK.

Phone upgrade is a separate issue, I still need backup device regardless of that.
    What’s wrong with Kindle Fire(???) being installed?
    Think OP means not an Amazon device - iirc, banking apps aren't on the Amazon store, and I think there are sometimes issues if you install gapps on them and then try the relevant apps.
    Yeah I found out the hard way that a lot of apps require a newer OS than what my devices support, so I was forced to upgrade all my kids devices so they could use that Yoti app.
's avatar