Posted 16 February 2024

Nespresso subscription - ending it

Got a coffee machine and a subscription with Nespresso nearly 2 years ago at £25/month (used for coffee, cups etc.)

My subscription ends on April 4th.
Possibly going to buy a bean to cup or Sage / Breville machine.

Did look at cancelling it now, but it's £110 to do so, so better letting it run another month or so which will cost £25-£50 and I'll blow that on some mugs or something.

What I'm not sure of is whether the April payment would be the final payment before it auto-renews, or if its the March payment (first payment was April 2022).
(Might try and cancel after the March payment to see if it still charges anything).

I don't want to find they tie me into another 24 month contract as I didn't cancel, although it gives the impression that it goes onto a rolling contract after that.

Any experience of this?
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Could you not email them for a clear answer in writing that you could hold them too?
    There must be something in your online account settings to be able to turn off auto renew
    I also got caught in this trap a few years ago signed up to a 12 months sub and when i went to cancel at the end of the 12months they told me it was a 12 months sub for the machine and then 24 month for the "credit payements" so had to keep it for another year then canceled it the month before it ended. had about £150 in credit and just used it all on pods
    Author
    Well, my payment came off yesterday and now it gives me the option of cancelling without any penalty. Have to go into a Nespresso boutique or ring them up though rather than simply cancelling online.
    Blew the last of my credit, bar £1.45 or something. Not sure if that gets refunded, but I'm not bothered either way.
's avatar