Posted 4 days ago

Netflix basic being phased out

Had a message today that I'm being forced onto a with ads plan. Anyone else get this?
4335454-sp7fK.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    "no adverts on kids profiles".....so you could watch anything up to 12 rated on the kids profile and have no ads?
    Blimey, no wonder people pirate.
    Yep, got the email today. Bye bye Netflix, you go the same way Amazon Prime and Disney went! I am NOT paying for ads. I had the streaming service to be ad free! If I wanted ads I would watch NORMAL TV. Looks like I will be watching a lot more of BBC Iplayer then or dvds like the old days. It’s pure adulterated GREED why the prices have continued to increase and forcing people to pay more for something they were happy with.
    Good on you! I'm with you on that. Recent price increases and/or reduction in quality or size of products in general is now creating an emerging trend...consumers are simply doing without stuff. Subscription services, add-ons, items of non-essential food and drink, visits to theatre, cinema, theme parks etc etc. It's reached the limit for many people to no longer spend their money on such things. Once this becomes the norm, even if prices are (miraculously) reduced, they won't gain the lost consumers back as we will have established new buying patterns.

They've pushed us too far.
    Author
    I hope someone comes up with a way to block ads on an LG TV.
    An adblocker at router level?
    Or run your viewing through a third party device, like Shield, with adblocker on it
    Don't connect the tv directly to the net
    Yeah I got this email, 35% price reduction, plus ads.
    Plus less content than regular netflix
    Annoyed at the ads thing, but, really quite impressed they've lowered the price automatically for us as I just assumed (like most companies do) they'd put you on the higher one unless you actively downgraded.
    Defo worth checking as they moved me onto the higher one
    Pumping so many shows costs big buck. Unfortunately, majority of Netflix made stuff is utter garbage but it still needs to be paid hence the changes to grab more of your cash.
    You're being a little too charitable. This change isn't to create funding for content, it's to increase profit margins. Netflix isn't exactly struggling - they generated $14Bn profits last year.
's avatar