Posted 22 December 2023

New gaming PC

Hi. A friend of mine is looking for a gaming PC for his son. Something in the range of £1000 including a monitor. 1080p gaming. He is not a tech man so wants something with a warranty not to build it by him self.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Here this one posted today is perfect match to your needs
    hotukdeals.com/sha…693
    Presumably this isn't for Christmas, so I'd suggest popping back and seeing what Sarden84 posts in the January sales
    Or this one which is more money than s great deal he mentioned. But the below has a faster CPU & GPU. Both good deals for their price.

hotukdeals.com/dea…452 (edited)
    Why 1080p gaming if you are buying a monitor? You buy a 2k or 4k monitor.

Knock the idea of 1080p on the head for a new PC. You will end up buying junk for your money. People will sell you a £200 PC for 3 times the money.
    You do realise 1080p (Full HD) is considered 2K?
    If you are playing at 1080p then the good news is there are plenty of options available. I would recommend visiting Dell dell.com/en-…ops. If you can't find one in your price range you can at least you it as a guidance for what to expect hardware wise (you should be able to command either the 12th or 13th gen intel CPU in that price range!)
    Of course 1080p doesn't need the latest gen CPU, however if you go for an older model be sure the price falls too!
's avatar