Posted 27 November 2023

Olive Oil in 5L

Hello there,

We all know that Olive Oil is quite pricey - due to a dip in production and various other reasons.

Does anyone buy larger sizes (3/5/10L) if so, does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably (as possible) priced general purpose olive oil - for cooking not drizzling.

Would really appreciate any recommendations!
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Try buying from Greece, it would still be cheaper then uk including postage.
    Author
    Yup might be a possibiliy!
    Go to Middle Eastern shops or shops where they sell Middle eastern clothes, you will find bargain there and original olive oil as well.
    Author
    Great point, there is a street of these shops in town and they are always great for large packs of spices.

Never thought to check for oil!
    olive oil has shot up in price since covid. my husband uses it for cooking, which means we need a lot of it. i buy 1L bottles from sainsburys. they seem to offer nectar price on it regularly, which works out best value for us.
    Trolley good site to compare you will find supermarket 1l are likely best value as scales of economy, best thing to do is buy 10l pay a kidney and not worry about it for a year
    Author
    Probably not a bad way to think about it.
    Costco are reasonable when it comes to cooking oils in general. I get my olive oil from there when on offer. I paid £21 for 3 litres for Spanish Extra Virgin. Good quality stuff in comparison to supermarket equivalent.
    Author
    Unfortunately I live in a costco desert
    Author
    Thank you, will keep that under consideration!
's avatar