Posted 1 day ago

Parts to finish PC Build

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could recommend good value parts to finish a PC build I am building with my son. I have been buying parts that show up as good deals on HUKD, and now I don't want to buy any remaining parts which will bottleneck performance. Also would be helpful to know if any of the parts I have will slow the overall PC down. Anyhelp would be really appreciated.

Parts Still Required:
Motherboard - ?
Memorry - ?
Case - Any good deals?

What I have got so far:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 7900x
ebay.co.uk/itm…t=1

CPU Cooler - Artic Liquid Freezer III A-RGB -
amazon.co.uk/dp/…6W?
Storage - Crucial P3 Plus 1TB M.2-2280
amazon.co.uk/Cru…37/

Video Card - PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT Red Devil
ebay.co.uk/itm…12?

Power Supply - Cooler Master MWE Gold 850
amazon.co.uk/dp/…1G?

Monitor - Kooui 34E6uC 34" 165Hz Refresh Rate
screenmoove.com/pro…1.0

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…fL9
Community Updates
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    , cheers mate, that is really helpful.
    I ordered the cooler you suggested, worked out really well, as the other one I ordered from Amazon was going to take weeks to arrive.
    I have just been doing some research about 7800x3D vs 7900x3D. I went for the 7900x3D in the end, got it for £375 on the deal from here, so not too bad. Just hope I can return the 7900x, without too much hassle. I now know (very little) about the differences, and just thought I would go for it, due to he might benefit from the extra productivity side. Thanks again for all of your help.

Memory, motherboard and case still to go. However, I think these will now be a lot easier, now I have got the other parts ordered.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…LN6 (edited)
    This PSU is better, it's ATX3.0/PCI-E 5.0 so much more futureproof.
    hotukdeals.com/dea…103
    Well, for the best future proofing it would probably be wise to choose an AMD motherboard with a AM5 socket which would have DDR5 memory. Intel will do a new socket soon which would mean a new CPU.

I have always used Intel but right at this moment in time it would be silly to buy the latest in their range of anything.

So, (in my opinion), it is best to start by looking at AM5 AMD processors & then find a board & DDR5 RAM (edited)
    Author
    Thanks , I have just this ver ysecond bought a AMD Ryzen 9 7900x, as saw one posted on HUKD.
    ebay.co.uk/itm…t=1

I have also, put in suggested parts for MOtherboard, Memory and Case into PC Part Picker. Only these 3 parts left to go. I think the case could look a bit nicer, however it did bring it in for 1500, which was a nice round number. However I might buy that part last, and see if anything decent comes up.
    Can't really help with the specs, but I built a cheapy pc for a family member a few weeks ago and used one of these cases from Scan. I'm really impressed with the build quality considering how cheap it is. Link (edited)
    Author
    I just wanted to say thank you so much to & & for your wonderful help and support. All parts have now been ordered, and my son is looking forward to building it together over the weekend.

Final parts list is here:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…mz6

I was unable to change the PSU, as the one I had was just outside of Amazon's return policy. However, it is not the end of the world. I also changed the case to something a bit more desirable for a child.

Thanks again all, I feel so much happier and confident with all of your support.
    Have you just been buying blindly as what you've got is bit odd/ott. Games don't benefit from all the cores, a 7800x3d would be better as the 3d cache does benefit games and it's cheaper and uses less power.
    reddit.com/r/b…3d/
    reddit.com/r/b…3d/

That cooler is probably underpowered, personally I'm aircool all the way, but you want a 280 or 360mm really as the latest AMD chips (especially the higher core ones) run really hot. This would have been better I think.
    hotukdeals.com/dea…705 (edited)
    Author
    Thanks . You could say I was buying blindly, my main concern was getting parts which fitted together lol.

Really appreciate your feedback.

I can cancel the current cooler, and get the one which you suggested.
    I could potentially return the 7900x, and replace with a 7900x3D, would this beneficial over the 7800x3D?

Many Thanks, your feedback has been really useful
's avatar