Posted 17 January 2024

Poco X3 NFC making calls

My husband's Poco phone seems to be making random calls. Once to me a couple of weeks ago and once yesterday to an Estate Agent, so it is calling random numbers on the contact list.

When it called the estate agent yesterday I couldn't end the call as the phone app wasn't visible and when I pulled the screen down to access it, I couldn't do so. The phone app can be hidden and you need to pull the screen down to see it.

I ended up shutting the power button off to end the call as there was no other way to do so.

Anyone experienced this sort of problem on their phones?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Wonder if its your screen protector....change your screen protector as you can get phantom screen touch....had issues with screen going crazy opening apps at random times.
    Author
    i think it is the phone that is faulty as i can understand accidental touches which cause an unintended call, but why would it stop me getting access to the phone call app to stop the call, to an extent that I had to turn the power off. the phone effectively froze during the call, so I could hear the ringing and then the automated response from the estate agent as it was a Sunday evening!
    I remember the good old Nokia days when people were calling the police every other week from their pockets. Oh the joys.

Have you updated all the apps?
    As a workaround just remove phone permission from the phone app, then enable it when you want to make a call.
    Author
    i read on google that it could be apps making calls as apps will have permission to access your contact list. i will go and block all the call permission on the apps as that may be what is happening.
's avatar