Posted 13 hours ago

Porting a Mobile Number: is there a time period it has to be done within?

My O2 contract runs out in June. I also currently have a nice deal I like with smarty that I've had since March that runs for 14 months. Will I be allowed to port my O2 number to my Smarty SIM in June, or do you have to port numbers at the beginning ? Any help appreciated, even though it's not for another two months
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can port it over when ever you want . If you already have a PAC code that last 30 days . When that runs out you'll need to do another one .
    Author
    Thanks for the reply. I'm more concerned about keeping my number so I limited myself to 'established' retailers and also longer contracts. Thanks to HUKD comments I'm aware it's easier to lose your number with certain companies than others. Thanks again!
    Port anytime.
    Each PAC lasts 30 days; request another if expires.
    Still obligated to pay for any outstanding minimum fixed term associated with the donating source unless that source chooses to waive, which is unlikely.
    Author
    Thanks for the reply. I'll time it so that it's in the last Month of my contract to avoid the dreaded outstanding contract costs. I am mostly concerned about not losing my number so I'm picking a long contract with an established relatively reliable trader. Looking through some HUKD comments over the last few months I became aware some companies are more likely to possibly lose your number than others. Luckily my phone is a dual SIM so if I ever need more data I'll just take advantage of a HUKD data deal. Appreciated your helpful reply!
    I have never lost a number in porting.
    I've just ported my number using a PAC code to ID 6 weeks after the contract started , no problem.
's avatar