Posted 6 December 2023

Powerbank that fast charges a oneplus

Does anyone know of a powerbank that will lightning charge a OnePlus 11 phone.i spend alot of time outside with my work and charging points are not readily available so need something that will charge my phone quickly.

I just took delivery of this and it's quite frankly crap so it's going back. Not only will it not fast charge my phone but it took over 9hrs to charge to 100% using the cable sent with it. Certainly not as described.

Deal: Anker Power Bank, 24,000mAh 3-Port Portable Charger with 140W Output, 737 (PowerCore 24K), Smart Digital Display, Compatible with iPhone 13 Series, Samsung, Dell, AirPods, and More amzn.eu/d/c…FKQ

I digress.

If anyone can shed light because I've been looking for a long time and I fear there is nothing that will do it which is a shame. Stumbled across the baseus ones but upon reading reviews I'm put off by multiple failings after infrequent use.

The cost is not an issue... reliability,however is. Thank you to anyone that takes the time to reply to me. I welcome any thoughts please.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    OnePlus uses proprietary charging (SuperVOOC) which looking online is not compatible with the usual USB-C charging standards. I'm guessing that the Anker powerbank likely uses PD

So you need to find one with SuperVOOC output...otherwise you're likely limited to a lower power draw and will charge longer.

I think the powerbank that you linked has a display that shows the output...what was that showing when it was taking 9 hours to charge? Even without SuperVOOC it shouldn't take 9 hours, might have been a bad cable.
    Author
    4.5w or something. That was the supplied cable that came with it......but even using my OnePlus cable and plug it only manages 6.4w.

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure any powerbanks have the facility to use supervooc then do they?
    it took over 9hrs to charge to 100% using the cable sent with it.

What plug did you use?
    Author
    I used various to test it wasn't me doing something wrong.
    Straight into the mains.....using the supplied cable. My own one plus official charger and cable (the super vooc one) and then 2 others that I suspect were bog standard.

Thanks for replying