Posted 7 days ago

PSA: Netflix Has Rolled Out Worldwide Household Rules

I saw this on Reddit this morning and it looks like they're making it that little more difficult to sub into Netflix in another country

reddit.com/r/N…ld/

I know my sister who was using my Turkish Netflix got the dreaded, please enter a code to verify etc etc
Community Updates
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Must be having a bad night, i still don't understand what this means. Say I have a Turkish account and it is currently only used in one house in the UK. What's the changes?
    Author
    Well technically you'll be using your Netflix account away from home as the IP where it's being used is in the UK and not Turkey, where your account is registered.

Reading through the comments, I think if you're able to set up a VPN to move that traffic to Turkey, you should be okay
    I guess it's time to consider the alternatives?
    Happened to my relatives account too so in July whatever when it expires I might not bother
    so long as i can use the turkey account, then that'll do me. my brother was sharing mine but he got the email too that he cant share. for what it costs at the moment, i'll stick with it.
    If your brother is sharing your account, how did they get his email?
    mine isn't shared (removed the shares last year). I've just tested it on a show and no errors as of yet. I was using the firestick app. we shall wait and see if the party is over
    52670274-S1mMq.jpgThis is what I'm getting on my shield. Also on my phone, but suddenly it's working on my phone. And working on our Roku.
    The account I got has a way round the house share issue. They use the travelling method and then some verification. I don't think hukd will allow me to post the name of the site sadly
    Interesting would like to know more
    A family member got the message a day or 2 ago
    Can anyone advice me of where to get a Turkish netflix gift card ftom plz as ive just received an email about revolut card not working, though do have enough funds. Any help appreciated.
's avatar