Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 7 days ago

Recommendations for reglazing prescription glasses

Hello,

I would like to reglaze my designer glasses (prescription lenses) with one of the many companies online. I would appreciate recommendations (price/ quality/ speed).

Thank you!
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I’ve use Lensology three times now for varifocals - all good. Excellent Trustpilot reviews too. My only complaint would be the huge number of options/ upgrades available.

if your frames are valuable you might want to send them (at your own expense) using Royal Mail Special Delivery rather than using using the prepaid label they send you. (edited)
    I was looking at using them but the lack of pricing put me off.
    I did email them for clarification but the response was not helpful...
    Guess you need to post off glasses and wait for a quote.
    As for options it depends what you want.
    I paid for the middle option at Specsavers for £160 and bought a cheap pair online at £40 and I can't tell the difference with lenses
    I had a deal from Vision Express and got 2 pairs, one work and one driving. Wanted my old ones (design is now unavailable) reglazed by Vision Express who do offer the service but their quote was far too expensive. Sent the old frames to Reglaze My Spex. All good and with the super thin lenses £110, less than half of Vision Express. But Reglaze My Spex don't service or recondition frames regrettably (but do include new nosepads for £5). (edited)
    Second vote for lensology. Though I do agree there website isn't the clearest on the packages! But the service is great, great afterservice also.
    Author
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I used Lensology in the past when they were still called ReglazeMyGlasses (I think) and were brilliant at fitting prescription lenses to new designer glasses. Used them once last year to deal with my glasses, which weren't new this time, and wasn't that impressed. But I agree they are really good.
's avatar