Posted 1 day ago

Sim for my mother?

Hi,
My mum was with RWG mobile but their network is awful.
Looking for something else eg 3 or something. Not sure I want to go with the really cheap ones like lyca incase it's the same disaster experience of not being able to make calls or access the internet.
Doesn't need to have unlimited everything but don't want to spend too much either. The lower cost the better. Mum mostly home anyway.
Can anyone recommend any reliable SIM only deals please?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    RWG Piggyback on the Now/EE Network. EE Is actually the best network in the UK, but the problem is that RWG/Now Mobile use a cut back version of EE Signal and doesn't include essential feature support for things like VoLTE (The ability to call over the 4G Network)

1P Mobile, CMLink and Popit all use the full EE Signal and support VoLTE and WiFi calling too. So this will work better and fix problems like not being able to make or receive calls.

If you want to completely change things up, then my suggestions would be either O2's Classic pay as you go which is great for light users at 3p a minute, 2p a text, 1p a megabyte. Or if she uses a little too much for this to be cost effective then there is TalkMobile which is owned by Vodafone themselves and uses Vodafone signal. If you go via Uswitch you can get a 30 day rolling contract with 4GB Data, unlimited mins and unlimited texts for £4.95 a month.
    RWG used EE without B20. Probably avoid mvno using EE if that is not good.

With truely unlimited data, it would be with three or vodafone.
    MVNO without contract. lebara, voxi or idmobile, smarty
    Try out network coverage before you sign up 12 months contract.
    You need to look past the name of the MVNO (RWG/Lebara/Smarty etc) and look at the underlying network they use.

Find the network that gives the coverage you need in the locations your mum needs.

Then find the MVNO that uses that network and offers a package that meets your budget and call/text/data requirements.
    1p Mobile
    Smarty, I have a group plan with my parents and get 10% off each SIM.
    I would still consider Lebara ( Vodafone network) or Lyca (EE network). They are good value and you are on a 30 day rolling contract so can leave any time. Also you get roaming in EU and Lebara even have roaming in India too. Lebara Uswitch offers uswitch.com/mob…BwE
    Can't get the individual Lyca offers to work by the link , just check the Lyca box in the Networks on left side , could also look at Smarty (3 network + owned by 3). (edited)
    but lyca is on EE. Same as RWG. Depends where you live. In central London three is awful and O2 pretty poor. EE best. OP should see what networks recommended for their area.
    so lebara might be good forop. (edited)
    Just enter what you need in here, select filters by how much data etc, and it'll tell you the best deals moneysavingexpert.com/che…rs/
's avatar