Posted 15 November 2023

Soundbar / surround sound advice please.

I recently bought an LG C2 48 TV which is great. I use it mainly for watching films on Disney+ and Amazon. I am now thinking of getting a sound bar to compliment it.

I want mainly immersive surround sound for the cinema experience. Ideally I only want a sound bar and sub. I do have room for the additional back speakers but would be much easier. I was looking at the LG S75Q which I have found for £280. A nice price. My budget is about this, willing to go a bit higher if it's worth it. I am happy with refurbished if it means I am getting a much better system. My reservation on the LG S75Q is will the surround be good enough? Also it mentions no low base. I don't want to spend £300 ish if I am going to be disappointed.

I sit about 3 meters from the tele, with a wall behind me. The tele is on a wall backing on the neighbours so I don't want to upset them either with anything too loud. Cost and additional speakers will make it harder to convince the Mrs, the LG S75Q did look like a good entry but something is holding me back.

Any advice or opinions would be great.
Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    I think for the requirements you have stated its not really possible with your budget
    Soundbars tend to be pretty reliable so I would suggest buying a used model. Generally Samsung models are superior to LG.
    I would look at getting a q80r, q900t or q900a. These are all identical to the top of the range models but don't have the surround speakers.
    You could add surround speakers at a later stage.
    All these soundbars produce a very immersive sound and with very good bass
    Author
    Thank you