Posted 3 hours ago

Talk Talk can't reconnect smart tv to wifi?

A friend of mine has Talktalk as his isp and he used to use his smart tv connected to his TalkTalk router via wifi but suddenly he's unable to do that with his tv,he tried it with another tv and that wouldn't work either although his tablet and other devices pick up the wifi. He tried connecting his tv to the router with an ethernet cable connected and it worked that way.Does anyone have any ideas as to what would help him get the wifi connection working again please?
When he did try and connect by wifi again via settings and re entering password etc entered correctly it says internet connection failed it says internet connection failed
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Sounds like it would be worth getting a new router
    I think the reason may be because routers typically send out two signals, one in 2.4 ghz and another in 5ghz. Typically devices like tablets and phones can latch on to either signal but older or less advanced devices latch on to the 2.4ghz signal.

If you're finding that the tv can't detect or connect to your wifi signal then you might need to go into your routers setting and activate the 2.4ghz signal (I've attached a screenshot of what my ISP routers setting bit looks like). Once activated your tv should be able to connect to the wifi.

I'm no techie so happy for others to offer their opinions on this.

52462921-y5OWO.jpg (edited)
    Author
    Thank you
    Reboot the router would be a good start and often resolves issues like this.
    Author
    Thank you (edited)
    Stuff like this drives me mad, i put my hotspor on before and everyone could see it and connect but my mrs phone couldn't see it, tried refreshing both, restarted both but nothing.
    The next day they found each other no problem, i also have and issue where i cannot screen share to my samsung oled tv with both my old s23 and new s24 ultra as it just says connecting forever, wasn't an issue on my old qled tv i recently sold.
    Soo annoying
's avatar