Posted 7 hours ago

Trainline options of travel card in London??

So I’m booking tickets on Trainline app for London Saturday coming. X2 adults,x3 kids with a family friends rail card.
It gives me 2 options with adding London travel card, there are two options which are the same but with a £5 difference. One says Off-Peak Day Travelcard and the other Off-Peak Family Travelcard. Which one do I pick as the two options are identical albeit the other just says family in it? I know it’s only a fiver but not sure? I’m being a bit dense I reckon?? This is the screenshot. Help much appreciated x
4336643_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The family travelcard is a fixed price ticket: westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/tic…ard (so £105.60) but the day travelcard has a slightly cheaper price (I'm assuming from Groupsave discount or a railcard?)

What's the departure station?
    Author
    Stafford
    What do you get when you tap the information button?
    Author
    Exactly the same info
    If the kids are 10 and under they are free on the TfL network so only buy their return ticket not including the travel card. Also how much is your return tickets without the travel card as using your contactless bank card to travel around London (credit/debit card) gives you a daily cap which generally works out cheaper so if you stay in zones 1 and 2 (zone 1 is central London) then you only pay maximum £8.50 for the whole day for each adult. Hope this helps x
's avatar