Posted 11 hours ago

TV - 55" or so needed

My Toshiba 57" TV is gone. It was only two years old. Luckily I didn't pay for it & it was a present.

So, looking for new TV. The budget around 450ish. Don't know anything about led/qled/oled/etc. We do watch movie & tv shows so need a good picture & sound.

Any recommendations from experience or otherwise for 55 to 65 inch tvs please? I know M&S used to do 5 years warranty but they do not seem to sell tvs anymore. Are Hiscence/TCL Tvs any good as they are in my budget range.

Thank you.
4304625-zTMDK.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Unlucky you didn't pay for it because if you had paid for it the trader/creditprovider that sold you the prematurely busted rubbish would sort the issue under Consumer Rights Act.
    Maybe the original buyer could present a CRA claim to the trader/CP?

Otherwise if inclusive 5 years warranty is imperative for new item the general go-to is Costco or RicherSounds.
    Official UK Samdung store and certain retailers of same have a current promo for additional and essential 4 years TV warranty extension for purchases up to 31 March 2024, with some models in your price range,
    but may be problematic to enforce a warranty claim if Samdung attempts company dissolution again.
    Which is a reminder that a purchase from any source needs to involve an element of UK regulated credit to share trader obligations with the credit provider.
    Author
    Thanks for very comprehensive response.

The buyers has moved to Australia so no chance of getting it fixed.

Based on your comments, are you saying I should up my budget? If so, what brand (Samsung, LG, TCL, Hicencd, etc) should I go for? Also, Richer Sounds or Costco it is for me then.

Thank you once again. (edited)