Posted 12 January 2024

Why do I need Global version of mobile phone ROM. My IN, CN and RU have OTA, all EU bands and EN systems. Confused

Why do I need Global version of mobile phone ROM. My IN, CN and RU have OTA, all EU bands and EN systems. Confused
What is the benefit? Here is saying, don't touch if it isn't broken. I see a few people flashing they CN roms to get Global. I'm not getting it.
All right "Android Auto" doesn't work on CN. Gmap and Tomtom (Amigo) navigation replaces it and is better
De-bloating CN phone is fairly straightforward. No unnecessary apps or push messages left
What I'm missing not having Global ROM
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    A decent search engine is what you must be missing out upon.
    The amount of time it took to post that title!!
    If I can decipher the question and understood , cn and local roms tend to have local bloat or limited features , chinese roms dont include Google apps, so a global rom removes bloat and gives you all features.
    Author
    it is for discussion. I can do be-bloating, install GMS. Functionality restrictions sway both ways. All bands ON on CN. My banking works fine. What am I missing in terms of functionality (I might need)?
    The differences between regional ROMs depend on the manufacturer and their policies, and also the device you're using. You'll generally find stuff like differences in features and included apps, generally due to regional relevance, regulations, or licensing. For whatever you've got, if you and your apps are happy with it as it is, there's probably not much reason to change. Might be fun to try it though.
's avatar