Posted 2 days ago

Wifi 6e with Ethernet mesh for Hyperoptic Gigabit

Hi guys,

Just moved home and the hyperoptic router connection is nowhere near where the Ethernet is needed (two different rooms, no way of passing an Ethernet to the other rooms without it being extremely visible and drilling a lot.

We’ve always had a TP Link p9 mesh, which combined with virgin 500mb used to get us around 350/400 where it used power line + WiFi , but with the new gigabit internet combined with the p9 seems to limit at around 450 download and 350 upload with this method. Which makes the 1gbps a bit pointless , but it would be extremely handy for my work.

I’ve been researching into WiFi 6a and mesh systems , but I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience with these. And before you suggest, yes I’d love to have Ethernet cables running through but it just doesn’t seem an option right now.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You either have to accept you won't get most of the speed, or you have to work out a way of running an ethernet cable. There is no magic solution here that do the job. I've run ethernet along drainpipes outside and it was discrete, managed to use existing drilled holes from old BT line/satellite TV. (edited)
    TP-Link Deco XE75 AXE5400 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6E System.

Installed it in my parents home where we had no chance to get decent internet into the upper flat where we work when we visit.

I got the pack with threee devices, on is in the basement where the FTTH modem is, one in the kitchen right above and on the living upstairs right above.

The are on 300 Mbit/s and I'll get upstairs around 160 Mbit/s, which is perfectly fine and covers all needs. On top, super easy to install, 10 min done.
    Author
    I was looking into these. See I’m just wondering whether I need it or not. I get around 400, and I’m not 100% sure the jump to WiFi 6e will change my internet speed closer to the 1000. I expect some kind of loss but not the 600mb less I currently have
    Go with a tri-band mesh system and let it connect over wireless not with a powerline adapter.
    Author
    is there any where you can force that? i currently have a mesh but its not tri band 6e, its TP link deco, and they dont seem to have an option to force wireless which is annoying
's avatar