Posted 5 days ago

Wizz Air cancelled flight (More than 14 days in advance). What are my entitlements?

Wizz Air cancelled flight for 3 of us scheduled to fly on Easter Sunday. This happened 26 days in advanced. The earliest flight to the same destination is 2 days after our scheduled departure date. As we had already booked accommodations etc. and we really didn’t want to lose days from our holidays; I looked at other options and found another Wizz Air flight to a nearest place (not very close though) on Good Friday. So took that option.

Now my question is - We now have to pay for 2 days of additional accommodation and travel from this city to our original destination. Though we’re not eligible for compensation as the flight was cancelled outside of the 14 days window and Wizz Air gave us a substitute (though not to our original destination) - Is Wizz Air liable to reimburse the 2 days of additional accommodation and the travel to our original destination?

P.S. - Wizz Air did not mention the cause of the cancellation but I don’t think it is something out of their control.

TIA
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You are entitled to zilch. Never use wizz air. 
    What are my entitlements?

None!
    What you have to remember when you book the individual components of a trip separately, is that each provider is only responsible for the part they provide. It can work out cheaper, but it isn't a package holiday and therefore carries greater risk of failure. Travel insurance may cover you
    Author
    Thanks. Let me check with my travel insurer.
    No compensation if the flight is cancelled 14 days or more before departure.
    i mean you get your money back right? so long as that is processed in a speedy manner then i guess we just have to accept it.
    Tui did the same to us a couple of years ago, we had to book with a different airline from a different airport instead. No compo
    Your travel insurance should be able to help.
    Author
    Thanks. Let me check with them.
    Author
    Thanks everyone for all the inputs.
's avatar