Posted 6 January 2024

Xbox Series X and VPN

Hey folks. Happy New Year.

I have some questions about VPN and VPN unlock games. I hope you don't mind me stacking them, I won't mind you answering one or two at a time, or even ignoring three or four of them...

1.Do I only need VPN on to activate the game?
2.Are there risks involved in these codes? Are they really selling used codes?
3.What's a recommended VPN for Xbox? Nord keeps coming up, but last time I bought a VPN, Nord was a named security risk in my job. It's been hacked.
4.Is it worthwhile to go through this for Alan Wake 2 and Baldurs Gate 3? Maybe I should pay the money, the Devs deserve it (but that money probably goes to the publisher...)

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yes
    Never had issue
    Depends what country you’re after - look for chrome free extensions
    Devs get only a tiny fraction of your money - I wouldn’t worry
    1) Yes, only to activate (not sure if it still works, but on old Xbox App for Android you could activate codes without VPN).

2) If you buy it from reputable sites, then no risk there.

3) Surf shark, Urban VPN, Tune Bear.. anyone that have real servers in countries you want yo use code from.

4) I would say - yes, if you can, buy it local.

If you don't want to use VPN - check which store on Europe is cheapest for current title. Iceland is your first stop for some games, for example BG3 cost around £38 (£58 in UK), Alan Wake £32, (£50 in UK). That is £38 saving on both titles.
    Around £24 will get you codes for both games which you'll activate using a VPN. A few £ more if you want the deluxe editions
's avatar