Posted 5 January 2024

2024 Hand Luggage Rules for people travelling on Budget Airlines

Popular subject amongst HUKD users so I thought I would share...
gazettelive.co.uk/new…547
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I mean it tells you when you're booking what you're allowed so if anybody gets it wrong then that's on them.
    Looks same to me
    It's not just the airline, it's also the location.

I flew Norse from Gatwick to JFK with a backpack and carry on and they didn't check anything. On the return is was the third degree and having to fit into the 2 boxes with the next check in attendant screaming at a chap "that's what they should be like". I must admit that his "back pack" was about 2 foot wide crammed with children stuff.

Just arrived back this morning from BWI with "Play" via Iceland and they didn't check either; some carry ones were the expandable type which were 50% larger than the accepted size.
    It's always a lottery. You mention Iceland - on a recent EasyJet flight back from Reykjavik they were really thorough at the gate. Fortunately I was still wearing most of my cold weather gear. IMO its fine to push it a bit I guess but not to obviously try and take the Michael.
    I'm not in the habit of defending the industry but there is another side - Just ask yourself what would happen if everybody started turning up with oversized hand luggage. Flight delays due to safety and capacity issues initially, then the industry would be forced to clamp down hard which would spoil it for everybody. They'd love that as it would speed up boarding and turnaround.

If you do try and cheat then take it on the chin if caught. There's nothing more amusing and embarrassing as someone having a tantrum at the boarding gate with an obviously oversized bag
's avatar